[Mplayer-users] Mandrake 8.1...

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Sep 30 19:46:32 CEST 2001

On Sunday, 30. September 2001 18:49, Tobias Andersson wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Ok, first obsticle cleared 8-) I updated OggVorbis and got a bit futher.
> Now it dies a little later with:

[snip]

> Is it a problem with gcc 3.0.1 headers or something else? Thankfull for
> all advice!
hmm not sure yet first I thought it was due to outdated gcc headers (so gcc 3
with gcc 2.95 or whatever headers), but if I remember correct someone lately
reported it to be gcc3/glibc prob /I think one of glibc 2.2.1 or 2.2.4 worked
for him).
Actually Mandrake currently seems to ship very broken system.

I'd advise everyone to use gcc 2.95.3, it compiles all code without probs and
is even faster compiling then gcc3 (and binary speed is about the same).

--
Best Regards,
	Atmos