[Mplayer-users] Re: Re:Signal 11 in init_video_codec

Sascha Sommer saschasommer at freenet.de
Sun Sep 30 21:11:44 CEST 2001

> You both, please read DOCS/bugreports.html
> There are too many infos missing.
Already read, already sent. For those who don't remember I've appended them
again ;-)
> I think it's a gcc problem, are you using 2.96.x or 3.x.x ?
2.95.2
Here some facts:
- error is not in loader dir ( no changes from working to not working
version)
- reproduceable  with -vo null
- reproduceable without having font files installed (so no sub+osd)
- reproduceable with -nosound
- The latest working version is from 2001.08.20
- The first not working version is from 2001.08.21
- Arpi wrote:
  > unfortunately it isn't trivial what cause this bug. i think it's
  > stack corruption or so, and i must have the same config as you,
- not a file specific problem. I think you can also use a simple
  divx3.11 encoded file without audio.
- I tested the following things ( Error stands for MPlayer interrupted by
  signal 11) :
  without audio:
  DivX 3.11
  mplayer -vo null -nosound -vfm 2   => Error
  mplayer -vo null -nosound -vfm 4   => OK
  Intel Indeo 5.0.1
  mplayer -vo null -nosound -vfm 2   => Error
  mplayer -vo null -nosound -vfm 4   => Error
  huffyuf
  mplayer -vo null -nosound -vfm 2  => Error
  with audio:
  Divx 3.11 and divx audio
  mplayer -vo null -vc null    => Error (This time in: init_audio_codec)

- If I disable dvd support everything works well.
I hope you can help us

S.Sommer