[MPlayer-users] Re: TV Tuner Color Problems

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Apr 2 19:20:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

> > BE reported as it is UNKNOWN by us, and won't be fixed unless someone
> > properly reports it.
> >
> hey!
>
> how should I know, if you know about it, or not? I've seen at least 3

there are no known bugs. cvs is kept bugfree!

there are few temporary disabled feature (like -ac libmad or ffmpeg
postprocess) but they are not bugs.

if mplayer/mencoder doesn't work as expected, two reason is possible:
1. you didn't RTFM, and use it wrong way (or miss some options, has
seriously broken file, ha sbroken drivers etc)
2. you found a bug in our code

it doesn't matter if you have the most common 1. or the rare 2., we can't
help unless we know what environment, driver versions, compiler etc you used

real bugs are fixed ASAP, at least if we can reproduce it!

but i note again: it's rare, 95% of problems come from buggy drivers or
user lameness (missed RTFM)

> posts about it the last days, and no reaction, that it is unknown to You..
i don't read -users list every day/minute. sorry, i have no time for su many
useless and unusable "bugreports" with no report just bug.

> as I get home, I make a bugreport. one one more question: in witch of the
> outputs you'll be able to see, if my picture IS bluish or not? ;-))
mplayer -v ...
i won't see if it's blue, but i'll see what options and how are the relevant
functions called and can try to reproduce the problem by feeding the same
parameters here.

so, everyone, PLEASE read that fine manual at least bugreports.html and not
only read...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team