[MPlayer-users] Segfault on Startup

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Apr 4 18:36:02 CEST 2002

> Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't seem to change anything.  Keep
> in mind that I'm not even doing anything that would use the video output
> (I don't even specify a file name).  It segfaults simply trying to show
> the mplayer options (without any parameters).  I also have it set to use
> SDL output, not gl--when it works, that is.

it is _linker_ problem (conflicting of libs you have), mplayer doens't even
startup, the _linker_ (/lib/ld-linux.so) crashes while trying to _load_
mplayer binary and the libraries!

so, do 'ldd mplayer' and check, maybe you will find something bad. or just
copypaste it to this list and we'll see.

and as others suggested - try to disable libs, like --disable-gl and
--disable-xvid, they are known to cause such crash, but also try others.
check what libs are linked (ldd will show that) and try to 'remove' them
using --disable switches of ./configure

again: it is not mplayer bug, it is conflict of libs on _your_ system

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team