[MPlayer-users] Audio volume controls don't work

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Apr 4 20:15:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

> When using -ao alsa5:
> If I use the 9 and 0 keys, the OSD volume level bar comes up, but nothing ha
> ppens, if I use the / and * keys, the OSD bar doesn't even come up.
> When using -ao oss:
> If I use the 9 and 0 keys, volume control works as intended.
> If i use the / and * keys, nothing happens (as with alsa).

no wonder.
audio volume control has been moved to -ao drivers some time (2 months?) ago.
and it's only implemented to -ao oss and -ao mpegpes afaik.
so, if you need volume control in -ao alsa5, implement it...
shouldn't be too hard.

maybe, as a temporal workaround, you can copy+paste the control() function
form the ao_oss.c driver...

btw, why don't you use -ao oss + alsa0.9 ?

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team