[MPlayer-users] Subtitles in MPLAYER

Tomas Morkus tmorkus at intac.cz
Fri Apr 5 11:48:02 CEST 2002

Hi Arpi,

thank you for your answer. Firstly - MPLAYER is great piece of software,
it is able to play all typed of multimedia I tried - including VDR
recordings from DVB card which wasn' playable on other players I tried.
Great :-)))

> Hi,
>
> > MPEG packet stats: p100: 605  p101: 605  PES: 0
> > Detected MPEG-ES file format!
>
> mpeg-ES video-only files has no time information - you can't sync anything
> to that...
> why don't you make mpeg-pes (video+audio/sub) ?

I tried yesterday's snapshot instead 0.60 version and all works OK for
now. I'm happy :-).

I'll use multiplexed stream video+audio then, but I thought, that if
there are time marks (or number of pictures) in the subtitle file, that
the subs aren't synchonized to audio but to the timeline. Sorry my
ignorance :-)

I use DVB card with the VDR projects, so all my recordings are in VDR
format. This format is playable in MPLAYER very well, but subtitles does
not work at all. Is there any possibility to get working subtitles for
VDR format too ?

Then I'm creating SVCD (MPEG2) from VDR by the transcode and mjpegtools.
Works OK, but the mpeg2enc encored is very slowly. I read on net, that
your own encoder - the mencoder is really very fast, but is able encode
only to MPEG1 and MPEG4. Is there any chance, that in some newer version
will mencoder able to create also MPEG2 streams ?

Thanks,

Tomas.