[MPlayer-users] Creative Video Blaster Digital VCR

David Ashley dash at xdr.com
Sat Apr 6 18:10:02 CEST 2002

xine chokes on the files produced by this thing, corrupt video + no audio.
mplayer handles the video fine, but there is no audio. The mpeg it creates
is supposed to be slightly nonstandard. I can provide a small mpg-2 video
file exported from this device, if someone will take a look at it to see
why audio isn't coming out.

These devices cost $99 or so, I bought one at Fry's. It runs under windows,
it saves video/audio to the hard drive in a bunch of separate files. The
exporter just cat's the files together and writes them to a file, and names
it something.mpg. Eventually there will probably be a linux driver for this,
so I'll probably keep it.

Thanks--
Dave
dash at xdr.com  (please cc me on replies)