[MPlayer-users] GUI fails

Bogdán Zaválnij bogdan at renyi.hu
Sun Apr 7 06:39:01 CEST 2002

> > mostly respectable developers, would it be so hard to make a very simple
> > default skin which is placed upon the installation to the Skin directory
> > and if the "-gui" option specified without any skins the mplayer would use
> > the defaul one? and only those, who needs any other skins should find out
> > where to place it, and how to call them?
>
> Nope, this is NOT the UNIX way! If mplayer can use unlimited number of
> skinks read from Skin directory, why do you want to enlarge the size of
> mplayer binary with a default one?

I counted.. the default skin is 165k, the cvs snapshot is about 2.4M.
it would enlarge it by 7%... (and the WindowsMediaPlayer is even
smaller.. 31k, which would make the code increase by one and a half
percent!)

and why? because I think many users have problem with it, and it would
make their life much easyer. of coure if you would not like that...

Bogdan