[MPlayer-users] Re: DVD subtitles (yes, I've RTFM)

Diego Zuccato diego at otello.alma.unibo.it
Mon Apr 8 10:27:02 CEST 2002

Sven Hartge wrote:

> Yes, all tools doing this "magic" use OCR, more or less successfull
There are free OCR libraries around... Seen one some days ago un
FreshMeat...

PS: I tested mplayer-20020406 - just one word: *G*R*E*A*T*!!! Finally it
does vidix fullscreen, osd (this was obviously my misconfiguration), ecc
! Hope to start testing mencoder soon. What codec should I use to
acquire and just save a movie to a NFS share ? (acquisition happens on a
P200, so I can't use a good compression on the first pass... I'll
recompress the file later).

BYtE,
 Diego.