[MPlayer-users] how to append two divx files with mencoder

SMuelas smuelas at mecanica.upm.es
Mon Apr 8 18:53:02 CEST 2002

On Monday 08 April 2002 06:06 pm, you wrote:
> > (cat file1.avi file2.avi ... file99.avi | mencoder .....the options...
>
> it won't work...

I have tried: ".... -dumpstream" and then "cat *.dump | mencoder ......."
but the result is exactly de same. It seems that "dumpstreaming" an avi file,
just copies it.

Other question. I have tried RTMF without results: Is it possible to crop an
avi file with mencoder? I don't say "scale", but crop. Sometimes, with NTSC
films, I obtain the two black stripes when "dumpstreaming" the DVD's. The
only problem is if these two black stripes, takes space in the final
compressed file. Otherwise, I don't care.

And "last but not least" I have a wonderful new for those using SAVAGE cards
and having troubles with XVideo (as myself). There is a "perfect" driver in
the page:	http://www.probo.com/timr/savage
I include it in this mail as attachment as it is only 30Kb. The only thing to
do is to untar it in  /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/ (saving the existing
one, just to try first.)

Now I can say that MPlayer, already outstanding, is really superb....thanks
to you and your teammates. Everything can be seen in the computer, in the TV,
with a quality rivaling the DVD's (yes, it's true. In the TV it is almost
impossible to distinguish). And everything (almost) can be encoded very
nicely (my computer is just P700 but more than enough...).

Thanks to all   :-)

--
Santiago Muelas (Depto. de Mecánica)
http://w3.mecanica.upm.es/~smuelas
ETSI de Caminos, Canales y Puertos (U.P.M)    smuelas at mecanica.upm.es
Dr.Aranguren s/n - Ciudad Universitaria       Tf. 91 336 6659
MADRID 28040