[MPlayer-users] Re: MPlayer-users digest, Vol 1 #780 - 12 msgs

Tod Schmidt tschmidty at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 9 17:34:01 CEST 2002

As far as I can tell mencoder will only do single
files, does not appear to have the multiple playlist
capability to concatenate files. Please correct me if
I am wrong.

My personal favorite is using VirtualDub from
VirtualDub.org under Wine. Works excellently on my
1400 Athlon with 768M of memory. YMMV. I can open the
files, append any additional avi segments, edit it,
and then save as avi using direct stream copy. I also
installed the Divx5 bundle under wine and can reencode
to Divx5 (divx4 also works) if I want to use the
filters or cropping. I haven't run across any crashes
or odd behavior except when trying to using the
built-in capture, no suprise there, I am sure video-in
is not a high priority for the Wine developers.

Avicat always put the audio about 2/10 sec off on each
`segment appended even with CBR. I will try the latest
sources to see if it is improved, but VirtualDub works
so well, plus the ability to edit, I really don't need
it.

Cheers,
Tod Schmidt

Message: 3