[MPlayer-users] Re: MPlayer-users digest, Vol 1 #780 - 12 msgs

Georgi Hristov georgi at eontechnologies.bg
Tue Apr 9 18:54:12 CEST 2002

> > My personal favorite is using VirtualDub from
> > VirtualDub.org under Wine. Works excellently on my
> > 1400 Athlon with 768M of memory. YMMV. I can open the
> > files, append any additional avi segments, edit it,
> > and then save as avi using direct stream copy. I also
>
> Could you tell me which version of VirtualDub are you using, as mine does
not
> accept vbr sound. I will appreciate a lot if you can send some information
on
> configuring wine. To have VD in Linux must be very nice.... :-)

go to
http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/downloads/virtualdub.html

there is a modified 1.4c version with vbr capability in the lower end of the
page. as for wine, i believe you have to get either the crossover plugin or
maybe the very latest wine cvs which might have codeweavers' patches (but i
never tried it)