[MPlayer-users] -vo dxr3:avcodec

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Wed Apr 10 02:03:01 CEST 2002

Hi
On Wednesday 10 April 2002 01:16, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
[...]
> > This is a bug in the current libavcodec, cvs -z3 update -D "20 days ago"
> > or wait for them to fix it (which might take a while since apparently
> > ffmpeg's maintainer is missing). At the same time he disappeared someone
> > commited a ton of changes to the mpeg video encoder which all breaks it
> > in different ways, we fixed the sig11 but then the output was all fucked
> > up.
>
> david, if u really think this is a bug in libavcodec then why did u never
> send a bugreport? (to the ffmpeg ML) the mpeg encoder is working fine
> afaik, but i dont have a dxr3 or something, just mencoder ...
ok, i think i found it, HQ mode is broken currently with mpeg1 ... well
actually it never worked with mpeg1 (its pretty new, allthough the HQ flag is
pretty old) and its of no use for realtime encoding as it would be much too
slow
i tried to fix this in mplayer CVS, can someone with a DXR3 please check it

btw. something else ... why do u encode with P frames, isnt it better to
encode I-frame only for realtime purposes, or perhaps i missunderstand ur
code somehow...
btw2: if u use P-frames than u should use EPZS or X1 motion estimation as
they are better quality & faster

[...]

Michael