[MPlayer-users] Vidix Video out with ATI Chip

John L. Clark jlc6 at po.cwru.edu
Wed Apr 10 05:37:01 CEST 2002

Hey guys,

I've attempted to read all the related documentation, and run into a
dead end, so I decided to ask on the list.  This isn't a bug report, so
I'm not going to go all out with the system specs, unless somebody wants
them.  Here's a teaser:

	XFree86 4.2.0
	Linux 2.4.14, Slackware 8/current
	gcc 2.95.3
	mplayer CVS current
	Chipset: ATI 264GT3 (3D Rage III) [ATI Mach64]

So, what I want to be able to do is fast full screen under mplayer.  Saw
the news on the new xvidix thing, and got all excited because I thought
this might offer it.  Was I wrong?  I don't know, but:

mplayer -vo xvidix <file>

gives me:

No vidix driver name provided, probing available ones!
vosub_vidix: Couldn't find working VIDIX driver
Error opening/initializing the selected video_out (-vo) device!

Is my card not supported?  Looked like it was, from the docs.  Am I
missing something?  Entirely possible.

Sorry if this is a waste of your time.

Take care,

	John