[MPlayer-users] DVD trouble

thrift thrift at pa2600.org
Wed Apr 10 15:29:02 CEST 2002

I have a firewire dvd player, that I am trying to get running with
mplayer

I am starting mplayer with this command:

>mplayer -dvd 1 -dvd-device /dev/scd1

The dvd starts reading and this is the messages that mplayer returns:

>MPlayer CVS-020409-00:00-2.95.3 (C) 2000-2002 Arpad Gereoffy (see
DOCS!)

>CPU vendor name: AuthenticAMD  max cpuid level: 1
>CPU: Advanced Micro Devices Athlon TB Thunderbird (Type: 6, Stepping:
2)
>extended cpuid-level: 6
>CPUflags: Type: 6 MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 1 3DNow2: 1 SSE: 0 SSE2: 0
>Compiled with RUNTIME CPU Detection - warning, it's not optimal! To get
best performance, >recompile mplayer from sources with
--disable-runtime-cpudetection
>Reading /home/thrift/.mplayer/codecs.conf: can't open
'/home/thrift/.mplayer/codecs.conf': No such >file or directory
>Reading /usr/local/share/mplayer/codecs.conf: 30 audio & 81 video
codecs
>font: can't open file: /home/thrift/.mplayer/font/font.desc
>font: can't open file: /usr/local/share/mplayer/font/font.desc
>Linux RTC init error: No such device
>Using usleep() timing
>Input config file /home/thrift/.mplayer/input.conf parsed : 0 binds
>Playing DVD title 1
>Can't open IFO file: No such file or directory
>libdvdcss error: css error: ioctl_ReadCopyright failed, make sure DVD
ioctls were compiled in
>libdvdcss error: css test failed
>Reading disc structure, please wait...
>There are 1 titles on this DVD.
>There are 28 chapters in this DVD title.
>There are 1 angles in this DVD title.
>
>libdvdread: Attempting to retrieve all CSS keys
>libdvdread: This can take a _long_ time, please be patient
>
>libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.VOB at 0x00000160
>libdvdcss debug: read returned 0 (end of device?)
>libdvdcss debug: 0 of 0 tries in 0 scrambled of 0 total blocks
>libdvdcss debug: file was unscrambled
>libdvdread: Elapsed time 0
>libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_0.VOB at 0x000288e0
>libdvdcss debug: read returned 0 (end of device?)
>libdvdcss debug: 0 of 1 tries in 31 scrambled of 38 total blocks
>libdvdcss error: fatal error in vts css key
>libdvdread: Error cracking CSS key!!
>libdvdread: Elapsed time 0
>libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB at 0x0002a1e0
>libdvdcss debug: read returned 0 (end of device?)
>libdvdcss debug: 0 of 0 tries in 0 scrambled of 0 total blocks
>libdvdcss debug: file was unscrambled
>libdvdread: Elapsed time 0
>libdvdread: Found 1 VTS's
>libdvdread: Elapsed time 0
>DVD successfully opened!
>DVD start=0 end=1850911
>MPEG packet stats: p100: 0  p101: 0  PES: 0  MP3: 0
>============= Sorry, this file format not recognized/supported
>=== If this file is an AVI, ASF or MPEG stream, please contact the
author! ===

>*** free_stream() called ***
>
>Exiting... (End of file)

It never  leaves the prompt and opens a video window, and I really have
no idea what's going on, I've been reading docs for about 24 hours
straight now, trying to figure out what's wrong, but I just can't figure
out the problem, could someone please help?