[MPlayer-users] SBLive! + AC3 SP/DIF Output

Stefan stefan.mau at web.de
Wed Apr 10 22:32:05 CEST 2002

Hello,

I've tried all day long with the kernel 2.4.18 OSS driver, then read
somewhere on the mailinglist, that this driver is buggy.
Strangely I can get wonderful AC3 Output with the Video Lan Client (using the
"vlc --spdif "switch)

Then I read that ALSA should work. I've now compiled ALSA but I don't get AC3
output with mplayer, only crappy sound like with the OSS drivers.

Anyone know how to setup the ALSA drivers to get things work?

thx for your help and keep on doing great work :)

- Stefan