[MPlayer-users] dvd, vidix, subtitles, lirc

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Apr 11 21:46:01 CEST 2002

On Thursday 11 April 2002 20:01, Clemens Resanka wrote:
> Hi!
>
> At Thu, 11 Apr 2002 14:41:01 +0200,
>
> Felix Buenemann wrote:
> > >  - with dga, subtitles flicker. -double makes the video flicker
> >
> > use -vo vesa -double instead, it's very fast, you can experiment with
> > -vsync/-novsync too, vsync might be better quality, but it can heavily
> > slow down decoding by stalling the blitting.
>
> works great, thanks!
> but it does not return to X!
> When I quit mplayer, the screen is black with a cursor blinking in the
> top left corner.
> To reactivate X I have to switch to a text console and back to
> X....(Ctrl-Alt-F1, Ctrl-Alt-F5)
>
> Is that a bug or a feature?
Well I tend to use it directly on console, so I switch to a root console, run
mplayer and then return to X (I use vesa when displaying on tv out).

Anyways I recognized same symptom when running -vo vesa form textmode console
(so not VESA fb console), I had to switch to another virtual console and then
back to restore current virtual console.

It's maybe a bug, as I'm not sure it's possible to correctly restore stuff.
Anyways it's nick's stuff so I can't fix.

Btw. -vo vesa also supports software scaling, set -screenw and -screenh to
desired screen res and also use -sws 0 -zoom -fs to get it zoomed to that
res.

--
Best Regards,
        Atmos