[MPlayer-users] tdfxfb drivers

Mark Zealey mark at zealos.org
Sat Apr 13 11:39:02 CEST 2002

On Sat, Apr 13, 2002 at 02:42:27AM +0200, Jakub Turski wrote:

>  ._         The little penguin sat on the shore,
> _ at __        watching Mark Zealey writting his letter
>     ~~~~~   on the memorable day of 2002/04/12 18:52
>
> > > sould be included in Mplayer.It shuld repclace the original file.
> > I've comitted the latest version to cvs, all future versions will be put
> > straight into cvs, I'll remove the file from my web space shortly.
>
>  I'd  like  to  thank you in public, not only for rewriting this vo, but
> also for listening to luser's whining about it ;)) As far as I  see,  it
> works  fine  and postioning and such is ok. At last the scaled subtitles
> are fine (as good as those with xv). And an option to play movie on  top
> of the other consoles. Excelent work Mark!!!

Thanks, it's good that other people can make use of it too :-)

>  Just to clarify:
>   -nodouble:
>     * background = console, you can switch to other VTs, yay!
>     * fullscreen OSD - scaled, looks bad. (can it be fixed too? :)

Depends on the res of the movie as to how it looks, it's just scaled along with
the movie up into fullscreen mode. No, this can't be fixed apart from doing
-double, as far as I can see.

The main reasoning behind putting this option in was because if people want to
see the console, they prolly want to do some work or something, so they're not
going to be using it in fullscreen mode.

>     * 'windowed' OSD - ok, with nice blending.
>   -double:
>     * background = black screen, no switching.
>     * OSD in both modes - ok, with nice blending.

Correct

--

Mark Zealey (aka JALH on irc.openprojects.net: #zealos and many more)
mark at zealos.org; mark at itsolve.co.uk