[MPlayer-users] Software scaling problem

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Apr 13 16:49:01 CEST 2002

Hi,

> Anyway, here's the problem. I have a movie that 512x384 pixels in size
> and I can play it with hardware scaling to 1024x768 just fine (I have
> GATOS drivers, properly working xv and blah-blah-blah). Well I decided
> to test the new postprocessing interface and wrote smth like this:
>
> mplayer -vop scale=1024:768 -vc ffdivx -vo xv /a/path/to/movie.avi
>
> Hmm, a problem... I see in the log smth like this:
>
> VDec: vo config request - 512 x 384, Planar YV12

yes...

try mplayer -vop scale=1024:768 -x 1024 -y 768 -vc ffdivx -vo xv /a/path/to/movie.avi

with your commandline, you include a filter to upscale image to 1024x768,
but the Xv driver is told to display it in 512x384, and probably it cannot
downscale, or just 1024x768 is too big for it.

> BTW, is there any sense to use sw scaling while hw scaling works Ok? :-)
nothing

-vop scale=w:h is for mencoder

> Another question: are there plans to turn back to shared libffmpeg? As I
nope, it's silly thing

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team