[MPlayer-users] 12 thoughts about MPlayer

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Apr 14 02:05:39 CEST 2002

On Sunday 14 April 2002 00:34, Peter Magnusson wrote:
>  1:
> Some PAL SVCD and PAL VCD will get wrong aspect ratio, at least in
> 1600x1200. I use vo=xmga. Where can I upload an example so you can
> judge for yourself whats wrong?
upload to mplayer ftp site, it's in DOCS/bugreports.html, you should chooses
scenes where it's visible that aspect is wrong, also there are some videos
encoded with bad aspect, but I'll check (I even have anamorphic dvd coded
with slightly bad aspect).

> If i play them with -x 1600 -y 950 then they will have the right aspect
> ratio. I was trying to figure out exactly what was wrong but i failed.
> I have no idea, some just get wrong aspect ratio. I have other videos
> that have this problem so its really is a big problem. What i want is
> that mplayer detects this, like i guess microsofts media player does
> and use the correct aspect.
MPlayer uses aspect info aswell as a default monitor aspect of 4:3 so it
_should_ be fine even at non 4:3 resolutions like 1280x1024,k of course video
out you use should support scaling and aspect, as you send no complete
bugreport, I've no idea.

Windows Media Player has no real aspect code, it eg. displays NTSC SVCD at
480x480 instead of 640x480 in windowed mode.
--
Best Regards,
        Atmos