[MPlayer-users] Audio codec bug?

sh|ft shift at mailbase.org
Sun Apr 14 02:58:02 CEST 2002

Hi guys,

I'm a very happy user of MPlayer. I haven't seen any
better moovie player on unix, even any other system.
But I have a bit problems now.
I use this product on FreeBSD, and I update it as
offen as posible but from the ports collection,
where may isn't the very latest version. Maybe it's
already solved, but anyway...
Since I changed my motherboard, some movies are very
very slow (on the old board was it OK). I found,
that it should be because of the audio codec.
I didn't attach any output from MPlayer, but I think
it's not neccessary. It happens only at movies which
are using the audio codec mp3 and want to use
samplerate 48000Hz:
Detected audio codec: [mp3] drv:1 (MPEG layer-2,
layer-3)
AUDIO: srate=48000  chans=2  bps=2  sfmt=0x10
ratio: 16000->192000
AO: [oss] 48000Hz Stereo Signed 16-bit (Little-Endian)
ao2: 48000 Hz  2 chans  Signed 16-bit (Little-Endian)
audio_setup: sample format: Signed 16-bit
(Little-Endian) (requested: Signed 16-bit
(Little-Endian))
I think that the problem is the sample rate x my new
board. I bought Elite ECS K7S6A, which has built in
AC' 97 audio codec. 44KHz (CD quality) is OK.
Maybe it's problem of the BSD pcm driver, but I
rather report it to you also.

Thanks