[MPlayer-users] DVD Playback problem, but fixed.

Troy D. Strum tstrum at salter.com
Mon Apr 15 16:47:01 CEST 2002

Hi folks.

I took a search of the email collection I have for this list and I can't
find any reference to this, so I'll detail my problem and the fix in hopes
that it helps someone not have to ask the question.

Simply, it appears that vfm=5 is not required in the ~/.mplayer/config file
any longer to take advantage of libavcodec for playback.

My problem: I had it in there, and it tries to use ffmpeg/libavcodec for
playback of DVDs (MPEG2) which doesn't seem to work at all on my mackine.

Solution: I removed the vfm=5 line from my config and it all works just fine
now. AVIs that I was using libavcodec for (for better speed) seem to use it
automagically now.

YMMV, but that seems to be the problem and solution for me.

MPlayer: Latest CVS Snapshot Tarball
FFMPEG: Latest CVS check out
System: Gentoo Linux

Cheers.