[MPlayer-users] G400 Max - matroxfb modules problem

Martin Wulffeld mwulffeld at mail.dk
Tue Apr 16 21:01:02 CEST 2002

Hi

I'm having some trouble getting through section 2.3.1.A.1. The docs says to
enable all matroxfb specific features in the kernel as modules except
Multihead. That I have done - almost -.

The following modules now reside in /lib/modules/2.4,18/kernel/video/matrox/.

$ ls -l
6728 i2c-matroxfb.o
12012 matroxfb_crt2.o
13932 matroxfb_maven.o

If I run the ./modules script in TVout as root modprobe complains that each
module can't be found. Why?

Looking at the output from ./modules I am evidently missing one module
'matroxfb_Ti3026'. However, I can't figure out where to enable it in the
config. In the Frame-buffer Support->Matrox acceleration section of the
config I've enabled G400 support and then Matrox I2C support (module) and
G400 Second head support (module). I did not enable G450/G550 support or
Multihead support. Any clues?

BTW: I wasn't aware that I needed to enable most of the I2C stuff under
Character devices in the kernel config to be able to see these features
(I2C and Second head) in the framebuffer section. Maybe this should be in
the doc? Took me a while to figure out.

--
  Martin Wulffeld