[MPlayer-users] newbie alert

Dariusz Pietrzak dariush at ajax.umcs.lublin.pl
Wed Apr 17 11:20:02 CEST 2002

On Tue, 16 Apr 2002, Jens wrote:

> Ummm ... I guess I missed a step someplace that asks you for this - the file
> read 'vo= ' instead of 'vo=x11'
try xv, should be faster, if your card supports it ( 'xvinfo' will show
you ).

> > if you could send me a copy of your /etc/mplayer.conf, i could fix
> > whatever went wrong.
>
> Thanks for the offer. The 10 million dollar question here is 'where do I
> supply info or where does it ask me about this configuration and have I
> missed other configuration options'
this file is created in postinst stage of mplayer installation ( i.e.
debian package script take care of creating that file ).
 After dpkg -i mplayer*deb you should've been asked question about which
video output would you like, defaulting do x11 with host of other options
to choose from (xmga, mga, xv, sdl, ggi, aalib etc..). If you have not
been asked that question then it's somehow my fault.
Maybe you have low interactivity level chosen in debconf ( like ask only
'important' questions ), but in this case default of x11 should've kicked
in.

> I don't quite follow .... let's say I have the codecs in
> /home/jens/w32codec-0.60 and I want to run a file /home/jens/test.WMV
then you would compile mplayer with option
"--with-win32libdir=/home/jens/w32codec-0.60" passed to configure ( in
debian's case via DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS var ), and resulting binary should
detect and use your codecs.

--
Dariusz Pietrzak
yck, ... zaklął książę pan po francusku