[MPlayer-users] She Working but ...

Ralph Slooten ralph at delrom.ro
Wed Apr 17 16:48:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

This is the same "bug" I posted a month or 2 back.. getting the brightness
to work with SDL (where I did get told to RTFM:-)). With the standard
output here (without stating -vo .... , I would believe to be xv)
everything works great, except I have my taskbar showing at the bottom of
my screen, something the SDL does not have. The SDL gives a great pic and
total coverage of the screen-area, just no control over the brightness :-(
Subtitles and so on also get put in the black space, and not on the picture
with SDL which is great!

I had this with every version of the NVidia drivers, and now even the
latest (1.0-2880).

I play Unreal Tournament which also uses SDL, and there is a light setting
in it that does work, but now what the difference between Mplayer's and
UT's usage of the SDL is I would not know.

I tried -vo sdl:x11 which does not change things. It's just the same as -vo
sdl. Great pic, no brightness / contrast / whatever control.

I hope this can maybe clear some things up, or at least define the problem,

Greetings
Ralph

--
Homepage: http://tuxpower.f2g.net/