[MPlayer-users] deactivation of xscreensaver patch done

Alvaro psst at euskalnet.net
Thu Apr 18 12:21:02 CEST 2002

Hi!
I reply to myself.
I was having a quick look at the code and I saw there's no way of
deactivating xscreensaver.
I looked in xine code to see how they did it and I did something
similar. They use a file on xscreensaver sources with some functions
defined to do that. In the beginning credits are given to xscreensaver,
so no problem. GPL.
I implemented that feature in mplayer, so if you want me to mail the
patch to the official mplayer source, just tell me.

Another thing: don't you think it would be fine to have a "resources"
section in the web page where you can put stuff that you don't want to
put in the official one? I mean, like that nice DVD-like skin ;), those
fonts a guy mailed to the lost today, front-ends people can do to rip
the DVDs, etc...

Thank you very much.

a.