[MPlayer-users] 12 thoughts about MPlayer

Jean-Louis Debert JLD at rsd-intl.com
Mon Apr 22 08:18:02 CEST 2002

> > Could that be done with mplayer too?
> mplayer has correct aspect correction for mpeg, so what you want?
>
> Best Regards,
>         Atmos

Well, not always: here, with a simple "mplayer -dvd 1" the aspect
is okay for xv, xmga, gl, dxr3, but it is NOT for: dga, svga
This is a quite "standard" dvd (french movie "Taxi 2") with
aspect ratio 1.78 (16:9) and the problem exists in fact with
any DVD movie I can lay hands on (except possibly a few ones
which have a 4:3 video encoding).
Are you saying that DVD movies are not mpeg files ???