[MPlayer-users] vidix+ati hangs, dga crashes and xv displaced. O:)

Daniel Moreno comac2k at teleline.es
Mon Apr 22 12:15:01 CEST 2002

I've seen some of this questions asked before, but I've not yet seen any
answer. So... here I go again. O;)

First, as others have reported, vidix+ati (an ATI All-In-Wonder 128, in
my case) just detects the card and keeps waiting without even drawing a
black window.

DGA detects dga2, sets video mode, starts playing, and after a few
frames, it crashes with a "X11 error: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or
Window parameter)". Don't know if this has been reported before. :-m

And about XV... when I play something with xv in a window, move the
window and quit mplayer, then it seems to remember the window position,
even when used with "-fs". (the efect is that the top-left corner of the
"screen" apears about the middle of the monitor, for instance) I don't
remember this happening when I used wmaker, so... maybe it's the way
gnome deals with windows. (maybe mplayer could force the window to start
  at 0x0 when "-fs" is used?)

Well... that's it. Is there any solution yet? Sould I send a proper
bugreport about some of these? Sould I RTFM once again? ... :-m

And a small note: is there any plans to make hardware accelerated
drivers (xv, for instance) to use the system's gamma settings. (I have a
poor monitor for which I have to use different gamma values for R, G and
B unless I want a greeny picture, that's why I'd like this feature)

(BTW: CC me, please. I'm still waiting the confirmation mail from the list)

--
Daniel Moreno - ComaC
Port pa'Linux del FinalBurn: http://fblinux.emuunlim.com/