[MPlayer-users] vop crop

Sipos Ferenc sferi at dumballah.tvnet.hu
Mon Apr 22 21:13:01 CEST 2002

No, not at the same time, I don't want to reencode the movies, I'd like
to play back each without black bars. I have tried with some
coordinates, but it didn't succeed. Just say the idea, how it works,
e.g., for a 480x576 movie, with aspect 4:3, it gives 768:576. If I
calculate right, only the 148,0:148,480;624,0:624,480) square block is
visible. So I assumed, that I could define the visible block with 148,0
and 624,480, but if I give these parameters to crop, it won't work. So
tell me, what's the main idea with these coordinates, how could I
calculate them.

Paco