[MPlayer-users] RE: hwac3, DXR3 and DD decoder

Vincent Mussard Vincent.Mussard at lineae.net
Mon Apr 22 22:44:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

> hmm. isn't sh->sample_format = AFMT_AC3 enough?
> the sh->channels=2 -> 1 change will break a-v sync code unless you change
> samplesize 2->4 at the same time...

> imho we should add a switch or even better: autodetect support of AFMT_AC3
> as not all card driver supports it but it seems that drivers supporting it
> doesn't work without it...

> so, please try if only changing sh->sample_format = AFMT_AC3  is enough!

Yes, you are right. Only sh->sample_format = AFMT_AC3 is needed. I did some little tests and it works great.

For the autodetect support I have done a little modification in libvo2/ao_oss.c in the init function.
(very basic autodetect, ioctl is done and if it fails another is done)

Here you will find a very little patch. I am absolutely not sure about the last modification because I don't have the hardware to test it but...

Thank you

Vincent