[MPlayer-users] ogg causes endless loop

Alban Bedel albeu at free.fr
Tue Apr 23 10:22:01 CEST 2002

Hi Peter Schuller,

on Mon, 22 Apr 2002 16:12:16 +0200 you wrote:

> > yes, but the win implementation of ogg video allows instant seeking
> > without any (noticable) preprocessing.. perharps yoi should look at that
> > code... but i don't know how much of the seeking is done by directshow
> > and how much by the ogg implementation.
>
> Sorry to but in, but AFAIK one of the advantages of the Ogg container
> format is just that - great support for fast seeking.
The great support is that some packet contain a timestamp. Not more. And the ogg
lib is quite limited regarding to seeking :(

> And like you say, this works perfectly in Windows without
> pre-processing.
I did in this because I was afraid that seeking will then be too slow when you want
to seek far. I will implement another method, don't worry. (BTW if somebody more
exprienced than me with demuxers can give some hints, it would be nice).
	Albeu