[MPlayer-users] bugs/problems in mplayer-0.90pre1

Taimo Peelo a9tp at htg.tartu.ee
Tue Apr 23 12:10:02 CEST 2002

Hello,

found my problems to be caused by gui.
as unlikely as it seems, _none_ of the problems 2,3,5 occur when mplayer
is compiled without gui. with gui, they are all still present. the most
strange problem that occurs only with gui is the problem 3 with playlist...
about #5 (aspect ratios), the windows in non-gui mode are created correctly,
(although i didn't find difference when i quickly looked over mplayer -v
outputs). gtk and glib are 1.2.10, xfree-4.1.0, wmaker-0.80.0, kde-2.2.2

On Mon, 22 Apr 2002 17:55, Arpi wrote

> > 2) if i let mplayer play the video to the end, and then exit with ESC,
>
> gui? o console? rtfm docs/bugreports and include -v log at least

gui, both kde and wmaker, re-read my first post, there were probably more
details about my system and configuration that you missed when skimming it

> > 5) when playing .m2v (svcd) movies in a window, aspect ratio isn't applied,
> >    they are just played by 480x480 pixels. But afaik, aspect ratios are
> >    defined in svcd files. Am i correct?
>
> which -vo ?
i've been using -vo xv

> rtfm docs/bugreports and include -v log at least

i've uploaded 3 tgz-d -v logs to ftp://mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/
in archive 3mplayerLogs123.tgz:

        mplayer0.90pre1gui.log
        mplayer0.90pre1NOgui.log
        mplayer0.60gui.log for comparison -- had only aspect ratio problem

all are about playing the same file, causing 2,3,5 with 0.90pre1gui
(thought i'd attach these files, but they were 192k gzipped)

> > 6) subtitle placing at borders didn't work for me - at least not with the
> >    switch -subpos, or using the keys r & t. Any hints?
> -vop expand ...
> if no black bars - how to move subs there? :)
> so first make black bars with expand filter

tried it - i also need to rescale the movie at same time but -vop options
don't work together with scaling. is that kind of thing possible to do?

	Taimo