[MPlayer-users] Problem compiling MPlayer-0.90pre1

Vincent Mussard Vincent.Mussard at lineae.net
Tue Apr 23 18:26:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

> -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/lib -lSDL -lpthread -lvgagl -lvga -laa   -Lvidix
> -lvidix -LGui -lgui    libvo/libvo.a(vo_vesa.o): In function
> `vesa_term':
> vo_vesa.o(.text+0x22): undefined reference to `vbeRestoreState'
> vo_vesa.o(.text+0x82): undefined reference to `vbeSetMode'
> vo_vesa.o(.text+0xfe): undefined reference to `vbeDestroy'
> vo_vesa.o(.text+0x130): undefined reference to `vbeUnmapVideoBuffer'

Yes I had the same problem. For some unknown reason under linux with certains
./configure parameters (--target=i586-linux for example) linux/vbelib.c and
linux/lrmi.c are not compiled and included in libosdep.a.
The simple solution is to go in the linux directory. Do a make clean and after a
make. You can now easily compile vbelib.c and lrmi.c with the same gcc options
than the others file. Now you can easily launch the ar line to create libosdep
without forgetting vbelib.o and lrmi.o.
Now go back (cd ..) and relaunch make.

Vincent