[MPlayer-users] Failed assertion on Solaris

Martin Olschewski olschewski at zpr.uni-koeln.de
Tue Apr 23 19:23:02 CEST 2002

Hello,

I hope this is the right place for the following little problem
with mplayer.  It is not a bug report as mentioned in the faq,
but I do not want to bore you with unimportant details.

After building mplayer with debug support from the current cvs
snapshot, I got the following output when the movie has finished:

playtree.c:468: failed assertion `iter->stack_size > 0'

The real problem is here, that realloc on sparc solaris systems does
not return NULL if it is called with size 0.  Of course it frees the
memory, but it returns the old pointer.

Unfortunatelly I am not real sure if this is the only occasion where
mplayer relies on this behavier, but with the following changes in
playtree.c everything seems to be ok:

mo at molly$ diff playtree.c.orig playtree.c
608a609,615
>   /*
>   ** On systems running solaris realloc returns the old pointer
>   ** when resizing to 0!  23.04.2002 mo at zpr.uni-koeln.de
>   */
>   if (iter->stack_size == 0) {
>     iter->status_stack = NULL;
>   }

And now to something completely different...

The reason why I build the version with debug support was, that I
cannot use gl for the video output any more.  It worked fine with
the csv snapshot for 26.03.02, but I get

X11 error: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)

after a few frame with the current snapshot.  No coredump, no crash
message, nothing that could give any helpful informations, just this
line and mplayer terminates.  Has anybody the same problem?

Best regards,

  Martin

--
Dipl.-Inform. Martin Olschewski 	Center for Applied Computer Science
Email: olschewski at zpr.uni-koeln.de	University of Cologne