[MPlayer-users] SBLive! and -chanels 4

Alexander Gretencord arutha at gmx.de
Tue Apr 23 20:56:01 CEST 2002

On Tuesday 23 April 2002 19:59, Julian J. M. wrote:

> 	I'm trying to play a DVD through my 4 speakers connected to a SBLive!
> Value. If I use -channels 4, it sound distorted. Should I RTFM or is
> this a known issue? :)

> MPlayer CVS-020422-19:46-3.0.4 (C) 2000-2002 Arpad Gereoffy (see DOCS!)

Well I only had this with a DiVX with AC3 sound. The 3dnow optimizations seem
to be broken. If you compile your mplayer without 3dnow optimizations (and
cpu runtime detection) you should be quite fine.

I dunno why no developer has disabled 3dnow for ac3 (so we can use 3dnow for
other things) or fixed this bug.

Any developer even read this ? I thought I made this bug clear with my other
mails weeks ago.

Alex

deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin