[MPlayer-users] mplayer bug

Matthias Treydte matthias.treydte at s1999.tu-chemnitz.de
Wed Apr 24 00:55:02 CEST 2002

Hi there!

First: You really made a nice media player, I prefer it above xine mainly
because it's that fast in seeking to a new position in a file... Great work!

And now for a small bug I've found:

I get this message:

Fatal error: *** CANNOT RE-OPEN / RESET AUDIO DEVICE *** Device or resource
busy

if I seek in a movie and I've got a new message on icq. It's because icq
spawns a "play" command when I get a message and this play lurks in
background unitl it get's a chance to grab the audio device. Then it play's
it's "oh-oh" and -- because mplayer is so fast in seeking :-) when mplayer
want's to reopen the device it's blocked. Well, at least I think that's the
problem. (i know you could tell it's a bug in the play command... but mplayer
crashes, "play" doesn't)

Ok, that's for the bug I've found, have a nice day.

kind regards,
Matthias Treydte

--
Eine Gelegenheit, den Mund zu halten, sollte man nie vorübergehen lassen.
(Kurt Götz, deutscher Schriftsteller und Schauspieler, 1888 - 1960)