[MPlayer-users] SBLive! and -chanels 4

Stephen Davies steve at daviesfam.org
Wed Apr 24 00:59:09 CEST 2002

On Wed, 24 Apr 2002, Arpi wrote:

> the only 3dnow asm guru, Nick Kurshev forked and working on mplayerxp,
> refusing to help with mplayer. anyway his liba52 must be buggy too, so

OK - I'll check current CVS to try to duplicate the ac3 4 channel
trouble.  (I've been on other stuff and my mplayer CVS is behind).

Let me start just be confirming the trouble, compared with the old libac3
downmix stuff that I still use in "production".

I personally don't feel much like setting up to get and build mplayerxp to
see if that has the trouble.  What is the performance difference between
MMX and 3DNOW downmix routines, anyhow?  (I can measure that, too).

Steve