[MPlayer-users] best player ever

Sergei Klink sklink at yandex.ru
Wed Apr 24 04:47:01 CEST 2002

Hello Joost,

JE> [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
JE> Guys,

JE> Maybe not the place to do this, but i have to express this. You've
JE> created by far the most versatile player. I can play ANYTHING i want to
JE> now. I bought a dxr3 card years ago, and used the first drivers for
JE> linux that where available. I took me months to get it to play right
JE> with xine. I download your player en wham, it works. I have a LARGE
JE> collection of wma files. I didnt now until a few minutes ago there were
JE> players for linux for wma files, i use mplayer , wham good quality.

JE> Im really impressed.I've tried many, but this is the best.

JE> regards,
JE> Joost Evertse

Maybe this is not the place to say this :), but if somebody wrote this
I think I should do a follow-up :). In my case, mplayer turned out to
be the ONLY player I was able to use(I won't even talk about playing
them with different players with windoze, it was really disgusting)
especially when it turned out that my card is not supported by xv(my
first player was xine). I even got better quality with xshm than with
xine. But the main thing is that I finally was able to watch the
movies I have with the codecs that I wasn't able to get working
neither with windoze nor with xine. Though I think that xine has a
better gui - the options are accessible easier than in mplayer(I like
to use the commandline, so it doesn't really matter to me)

--
Best regards,
 Sergei                            mailto:sklink at yandex.ru

 "Windows NT has detected mouse movement, you MUST restart
 your computer before the new settings will take effect, [ OK ]"
 Windows is a 32 bit patch to a 16 bit GUI based on a 8 bit operating
 system, written for a 4 bit processor by a 2 bit company which can
 not stand 1 bit of competition.