[MPlayer-users] MEncoder - Split AVI Files

Martin Hoffmann ma.hoff at t-online.de
Wed Apr 24 18:26:02 CEST 2002

I want to split an avi into 2 or more parts, which should be equal size !
However the video is mpeg4 with variable bitrate so one cannot cut equal size
pieces by using -ss and -endpos with time values !
So, i need those size values !
For example i have a 200 MB AVI and want to creat 2 equal size pieces:
I wanto to use -endpos 100mb for the first part
and -ss 100mb for the second !

Or how do i know which value to specify for -ss ??

To be precisely this should be done by a script job !

Martin

Am Mittwoch, 24. April 2002 01:11 schrieben Sie: