[MPlayer-users] Can we use vfw in order to load .qts files?

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Apr 24 20:42:01 CEST 2002

> I've been trying to add a section to codecs.conf in order to get the vfw cod
> ec
> to use the .qts and dll files added by a Windows QuickTime installation,
> in order to get Sorenson video to work.
>
> Does anybody know what lines are to be added?
> I tried different codecs, but I only got different noises for the audio code
> and different screen noise and sig11 for the video.
>
> I grepped the files for the fourcc, so I know there is a decoding function
> there.
>
> Can the developers add the lines to codecs.conf in the CVS?

rotfl
we're working over half year on rev. engineering quicktime to implement qt
interface but no success yet.. vfw is video for windows, not quicktime.

and qts files don't work in their own, they need that 4MB qt core and much
more

are you really think that sorenson will work if you add few lines to
codecs.conf? then why isn't it there? heh?
it is not so simple. not simple at all. more like impossible.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team