[MPlayer-users] sound sync problem on DVD playback

Justin justinf at ptdprolog.net
Thu Apr 25 04:52:02 CEST 2002

I am using MPlayer 0.90pre1. I have a P3EB 800 with 384mbs RAM, GeForce
2 Ti 64mb, SB Live value, and a Pioneer 10x DVD ROM. I am running 2.4.18
with the preemptive patch. I run Slackware 8.

For the last couple MPlayer releases and the current one there is a
conciderable (about 1 second) delay in sound playback of the DVD (its
out of sync with the video).

running:   mplayer -vo xv -ao oss -channel 4 -dvd 1 /dev/dvd   and some
variations of that and i get the problem. I am using
libdvdcss-0.0.3.ogle3 and libdvdread-0.9.2 from Ogle's website.

This problem does not occur with Ogle so i am forced to stick with that
for DVDs (although the overall quality doesnt seem as good).

Maybe im doing something wrong, maybe its a bug, so im reporting it.
thanks,
-phinn