[MPlayer-users] radeon tv out

Erik Grinaker erikg at wired-networks.net
Thu Apr 25 16:47:02 CEST 2002

hi all

I have been using XFree86 with vesa and PAL modelines, combined with
mplayer cvs 2002-02-02 using xvidix output to use my radeon card for tv
output. This has worked, let us say, "acceptably well", but there seems
to be some issues with screen updates and the doublebuffering (the
bottom half of the screen often lags a bit) - regardless of mplayer
settings.

When I tried using a later cvs I was unable to get the xvidix output
working at all, the screen just went pink. I see there have been posts
on this earlier as well, so I guess it is being worked on.

I was wondering what currently is the recommended way of getting tv out
working nicely on a radeon card.

--

Erik Grinaker
Freelance UNIX/Linux systems consultant

"Perfection is acheived not when there is nothing more to add, but
rather when there is nothing more to take away"
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry