[MPlayer-users] Audio/Video sync problems, crash!!!

rohit bansal rohit_chaplin at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 27 04:49:01 CEST 2002

Hi,
I'm experiencing a host of problems on my system.
Video and Audio are highly out of sync. Video usually
halts at some points, which temporarily goes ahead on
pushing the "forward" key.
Apart from it mplayer CRASHED at one point. I've
included the gdb dump of the crash.
Thanx
Rohit Bansal

Files attatched :
lspci_output    contains lspci -vv
result_of_gdb   contains the gdb output as directed
mplayer.log     contains a typical output that i get

PS : If you want, i can send some more of the outputs.

System Configuration :

Linux Distribution :  Red Hat 7.1
kernal version     :  2.4.2-2 #1 Sun Apr 8 20:41:30
EDT 2001 i686 unknown
libc version       :  libc-2.2.2.so
X version          :  XFree86 Version 4.0.3 , 16 March
2001, Linux  2.2.17-8smp                       i686
[ELF]
gcc version        :  3.0.2
GNU ld version     :  2.10.91 (with BFD 2.10.91.0.2
GNU assembler      :  2.10.91

CPU :
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 6
model           : 4
model name      : AMD Athlon(tm) Processor
stepping        : 2
cpu MHz         : 1128.537
cache size      : 256 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 1
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8
sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr syscall
mmxext 3dnowext 3dnow
bogomips        : 2254.43

Audio Card : Cirrus Logic Crystal CS4281
Video card : NVidia, TNT2 Model 64, 32 MB RAM
nVidia Corporation Vanta [NV6] (rev 15),

drivers were downloaded from nvidia website.
NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-2313.rh71up.i386.rpm
NVIDIA_GLX-1.0-2313.i386.rpm