[MPlayer-users] GTK bug problem solved?

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Apr 27 15:01:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

> -rw-r--r--    1 root     root        19826 Apr 26 18:47 imlib-1.9.14.log

> notice imlib is at version 1.9.14 so my guess is that that is the
> problem. If you can confirm that it MIGHT be the problem, i am willing
> to downgrade to see if that helps.

try it, please.
it is strange, but imho it is possible to be imlib problem.
mplayer links to libpng and libjpeg, and afaik imlib includes these, so
they may conflict causing gtk crashes.

i have
imlib:    imlib-1.9.10
and gui from today cvs still works for me.

Pontscho, the gui author has very old debian system, so i'm sure his imlib
is also old, causing he cannot reproduce this bug

i'll try to upgrade imlib

> My latest working CVS version (still) is 20020315. afterthat .... no more.

just checked diff of 20020315->20020316 again. there were lots of changes
(170k diff), but minimal relating to gui code.
but, for exampe, runtime cpu detection was enabled in this change, also bsd
tv interface, docs changes, libmpcodecs changes etc.
the gui code has only a small change: sending events through teh new input
interface. it may cause problems...

if imlib downgrade doesn't help, try to split this diff to small parts and
apply one-by-one to 20020315, and test which part break it.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team