[MPlayer-users] what am i doing wrong?

Sipos Ferenc sferi at dumballah.tvnet.hu
Sun Apr 28 19:41:20 CEST 2002

Hi!

I'd like to encode a dvd onto a 700 mb cd. So, I give mencoder the
following:

mencoder -dvd 1 -pp 0x20000 -ovc frameno -o frameno.avi

After that, mencoder tells me, that 1056 Kb/s is the appropriate bitrate
for a 700 mb cd. So I

mencoder -dvd 1 -pp 0x20000 -oac copy -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=msmpeg4:vbitrate=1056:vhq:vpass 1

And after that, the same parameters except for vpass 2. After 8 hours of
encoding, I get a 550 mb file with poor quality. Any ideas? pp is needed
because of deinterlacing, without that, the displayed image is bad.

Paco