[MPlayer-users] minimal Linux + mplayer?

Anders Rune Jensen anders at gnulinux.dk
Mon Apr 29 17:47:02 CEST 2002

"Schend, Thomas" <Schend at Netsquare.de> writes:

> Is it possible to output a VCD/SVCD/DivX with mplayer to the console and the
> output is a TV-out without using X11?
> Using SVGAlib or FB?

With FB is it possible to watch movies on the tv without X, if that
was what your question was.

> Is the speed ok? Any problems with the quality? Which resolution should I
> use bets for TV out?

I have had some problems with it using my laptops tv-out. Maybe you
should look at the DXR3 or DVB instead. They provide excelent output quality.

> I plan to produce a very small linux from scretch distro with a interface
> playback files on my tv...
>
> Or does such a distribution already exist?

Gentoo. But about the interface for the tv; It would be great if
someone would make such an interface for mpeg cards like DXR3 :)

--
Anders Rune Jensen
jabber: superduck at myjabber.net | email : anders at gnulinux.dk