[MPlayer-users] It works!! You rock!!

Frederic Pasteleurs masterfrd at tiscalinet.be
Tue Apr 30 22:16:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

Yesterday i downloaded MPlayer sources from your website.
It took me a full day to make it work, but it works.

Here are some of my system infos:

Distro:	S.u.S.E. 7.0
Kernel:	2.4.17
XFree:	4.0
Libc:	libc.so.6
Gcc:	2.95.2
ld:	2.9.5
as:	2.9.5
Video:	ATI Rage pro 128
Sound:	Sound Blaster Live 5.1, chipset EMU10K1, driver from kernel

I sent you some screenshots in your incoming FTP directory; for me, you are
free to use them for your website.

The idea of "stealing" CODECs from window$ is brilliant, athrough some users
might not like it. :-)

There should be a way to import CODECs the same way as Window$, using .INF
files: have a menuitem "Import new codecs" that will read the .INF, put the
DLLs where they sould be and register them.

Nice work, guys !!