[MPlayer-users] aalib and rootwin problem

Sycotic Smith sycotic at linuxmail.org
Thu Aug 1 00:32:02 CEST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: Gabucino <gabucino at mplayerhq.hu>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 08:04:49 +0200
To: mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu
Subject: Re: [MPlayer-users] aalib and rootwin problem

> > Is this a software limitation somewhere (so I should seek another solution)
> > or is my wetware at fault (so I should stop messing with things I don't
> > understand)?
> It doesn't work, nor GUI with SDL. AAlib also decides where to display
> by itself.
>
> --
> Gabucino
>
> / Worshipping Niedermayer 4ever /

Have you tried the results with the -aadriver options?

Try these, and see if they help.  They may or may not, but it gives you more options to experiment with.

aadrivers available for a default AAlib install:
curses/ncurses - depending if you have it installed as well.
X11 - same (this one _may_ be useful for -rootwin)
linux - take a guess ;)

I would also try adding -aahelp to your options to show you all available options.

Good luck!
/S. Smith