[MPlayer-users] A/V Sync Problem

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri Aug 2 19:51:01 CEST 2002

Hi,

> Under Linux I've tried mplayer and xine with the same results (the a-v
> desync).
>
> Under Windows :
> 1.- Windows Media Player 6.4 (and also 7.1) play it OK
> 2.- DivX Player 2.0 Alpha 5 (the one that comes with the codec below) causes
> the same desync.

ok, i've just commited fix/workaround to CVS, files now plays fine, with
perfect sync.

nandub is more dumb than i assumed - they exploit a bug of dshow avi
demuxer to get audio delayed. as this is a _bug_ in m$ demuxer, and exists
only in their current dshow avi demuxer, it won't work with any non-dshow
win32 players, win32 video editors, and non-win32 players, except ones
emulating this bug (mplayer). i hope m$ will soon fix this bug in their
demuxer, so people creating these bad avi files will suck. maybe i should
report it :)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team