[MPlayer-users] mplayer and debian

GS HUNT ghunt at cogeco.ca
Sun Aug 4 22:32:01 CEST 2002

Arpi wrote:

>[Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
>Hi,
>
>>[Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
>>I've been using mplayer with my debian system and everything seemed to
>>work fine. I use the sdl driver and it seems to do a lot of the
>>processing in hardware. Recently I upgraded a lot of packages on the
>>system. Since then, mplayer seems to be doing things like scaling in
>>software. It is now unusable to play videos full screen.
>>
>>Any ideas on what may have happened?
>>

>yes. you recently upgraded a lot of packages on the system.
>

>A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team
>
>--
>Developer of MPlayer, the Movie Player for Linux - http://www.MPlayerHQ.hu

Heh.... I guess this just goes to show that developers do have a sense
of humour... heh... way to state the obvious... A'rpi :)  Some times
peeps are just to funny when it comes to asking what happened when
everyone knows what happened except the person asking.

To that Debian user... you might give everyone alot more information
about your system and especially what packages you upgraded or you'll
just continue to get these great answers from A'rpi.